Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Reentering the scrapbooking world

I've been doing a lot of blog reading this week and I discovered I'm not alone out there in thinking scrapbooking has just gone crazy. It's become something it was never supposed to be. But still, I want to scrapbook because telling a story is beautiful. So that's what I will do with my supplies. Here's my first layout, my first jump back into scrapbooking. This is inspired by the sketch challenge at Paper Lovers Studio, an awesome new scrapbooking challenge blog.

I'm really into mint, peach, and salmon, so I tried to incorporate those colors in my layout. Since my scrapbooking is about storytelling, I've decided to share some stories here as well. My boyfriend and I went to Flamingo Gardens in Davie, FL, over spring break. It's this crazy botanical garden gone wild, mixed with swamp, mixed with animal sanctuary. In addition, it's got this island vibe (which really just means everything smells moist and on one is in a hurry to do anything!) that seems to say its glory days are long gone. Anyway, it was a fun, if not quirky place to visit.

I would say my venture back into papercrafting has gotten off to a good start. Any tips to take photos of scrapbook layouts with getting a glare on the photos?

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love your layout!! I like that you used the sketch and I love the colors! I think you did a good job focusing on your story and photos & not too many embellishments.

    As for photographing layout, natural light!! The glare is from the overhead light, if you take your photos next to the window or outside, it shouldn't be there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you scrapping again! Your page looks awesome! That trip sounds pretty cool, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'm not the only one getting busy with my glue again :-) I love that your a story teller, I really like that aspect of memory keeping. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete