Friday, March 29, 2013

Sugared Lime Spring Wreath DIY




I found this website, Design Seeds, through my sister Katie. Anyway, I need I wanted to make a spring wreath, and when I saw this beautiful color scheme of various limes on Design Seeds that I had my inspiration. I love how bright lime can be, yet in this color scheme, the lime is subtle and serene. Enjoy my wreath tutorial below and my take on these beautiful shades of spring green.

Supplies:
Paper Flowers
Ribbon Scraps in different shades of lime green
Plain Straw Wreath
Muslin or Canvas Scrap 12" long (to hang the wreath with)
White Acrylic Paint
Lace Paper Doilies


1. Paint on polka dots first. I used a cosmetic sponge to make my dots, but if you don't already have a circular sponge, you could easily cut one from a regular sponge.


2. Tie your muslin scrap onto the top of the wreath. Layer your ribbons on one side of the wreath and pin in place. 


3. Hot glue ribbons in place at the top of each ribbon. Add a lace paper doily on top of the ribbons.


4. Glue paper flowers on top of lace doily. Arrange the flowers in an odd number for the most aesthetic appeal. Three or five flowers will look best. 


5. Enjoy your wreath, hang it in the sunshine to greet your spring visitors and enjoy your spring!







Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love that color scheme & your wreath turned out so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete