I'm so excited to be participating in Katie's Star Trek blog hop today! There are many other bloggers with great projects. To find the whole list, scroll to the bottom of this post. I'm happy to share with you my project, Star Trek-themed cupcakes! I've included a tutorial for several designs below!
Star Trek Uniform:
1. Ice in red, blue, or gold (eat the redshirts first!) The easiest was to get a smooth cupcake is to ice a very thick layer on first, making sure you go all the way to the edges, and then hold your spatula vertically against the cupcake and scrape off excess icing from the sides. Then, hold your spatula level horizontally with the top of the cupcake and very lightly skim across it for a smooth finish.
2. The uniform details are quite easy, just a black triangle for the top and pipe on the insignia!
Star Trek Enterprise:
1. This cupcake is more show than tell, so ice the cupcake (as discussed in the previous tutorial), and then, using grey icing, pipe on the general outline of the enterprise. Fill in the shape.
2. Using black icing, add teeny details on the various parts of the ship.
Star Trek Faces:
1. Ice in skin-colored icing. Then pipe on the facial details. I found it easiest to pipe in this order: hair, face, eyebrows. Easy-peasy!
1. You can use a toothpick to mark out a pattern for piping. I did this with Kirk and Spock's hair and found it very helpful.
2. Get crafty and make speech bubbles! Our quotes are from the new series and were a cute addition to the Starfleet uniform cupcakes.
Thanks for reading!
- Katie- Punk Projects
- Taylor- This Memorable Life
- Megan- The Nerd Nest
- Mandy- Chocolate and Cream Cake
- Kam- Campfire Chic
- Regena- The Distracted Domestic
- Melissa- Scrappy Jedi
- Emily- Oh! Emily Made That
Bloggers Participating in the blog hop: